WHY I'M DOING THIS
Art has done so much to give me my self-confidence, that I want to help others use art-making as a means to self-discovery.
My belief in art and creativity is built upon several assumptions that I hope will you also come to believe:
1. You are creative because you are human.
2. Creativity is a habit.
3. You can learn to think like an artist.
4. You should do it for yourself, not for others.
5. There will always be someone that is better than you, but that is not important.
6. Art-making is both a skill and a talent. Having one or the other—or both—will take you a long way.
7. When you improve your creativity, you improve every other part of your mind.
8. You don’t need a lot of time, money, or supplies to be creative.
9. When you express yourself creatively (no matter your skill), your well-being and confidence will soar.
10. The only way to begin is to start small, and start now.